Volunteering for Town events and programs is a dynamic way to get involved and contribute to the community, develop new skills and meet new friends.
Volunteer program opportunities:
- Intergenerational Pen Pal Program
- Snow Angel Program
- Jim Hurley Free Skate Ice Marshall | Sundays from 5:45-7:45pm
- Be on the ice during the Jim Hurley Free Skate (6:15 - 7:30 pm) to ensure everyone is being safe
- Must be 17+ years of age or older, able to skate, and have the ability to give clear instructions
- Must have their own CSA hockey helmet; however, the Town will provide a safety vest/identifying clothing
For more information please email the Blackfalds FCSS Volunteer Programmer or phone 403.885.6360.
Click here to download the Town of Blackfalds Volunteer Application Form.
As part of the volunteer recruitment process, we require a Volunteer Application Form from each volunteer and a Criminal Record Check (for volunteers 18 years of age and older) be conducted as part of the screening process. Volunteers are required to reaffirm their interest in volunteering for events every 24 months.
2023 Town of Blackfalds Volunteer Awards!
National Volunteer Week 2023 will be taking place April 16 - 22, 2023!
Congratulations to this year's nominees!
Volunteer for our Boards or Committees
Want to get involved in your community and work with the Town of Blackfalds team?
Consider applying for one of our volunteer Boards or Committees!
In October of every year, Town Council appoints residents to boards and committees, or as positions become vacant. Anyone interested must be a resident of Blackfalds and send their intentions to email@example.com to be considered.
For more information, please visit our Boards & Committees webpage.
Get the latest volunteer news!
Join the conversation to get more information about upcoming volunteer opportunities. Check out the Volunteer newsletter for April!
If you would like to receive the monthly newsletter, please subscribe here.