Business Friendly | Family Friendlier!
Blackfalds is a vibrant and entrepreneurial community with many well-educated young families, offering promising growth prospects to existing companies, a supportive network for budding entrepreneurs and partnership opportunities for new investors across a diverse range of industries.
Choose Blackfalds for its:
- small-town feel and progressive economic vision
- low-cost advantages: competitive tax environment & no business tax
- enterprise hub that supports many large businesses
- ideal location: high visibility & traffic volumes with access to 2.5 million people within a 2-hour drive
- impressive growth: one of Canada's fastest-growing communities
- high quality of life: award-winning recreational facilities & regional public transit
Economic Development & Tourism Strategy
One of the strategic pillars identified in the Municipal Sustainability Plan (MSP) is to stay the course to sustainable economic prosperity by providing recommendations through stakeholder consultation. It also identifies several actions that must be implemented by the Town to achieve its goals. View the Economic Development and Tourism Strategy to see how we plan to accomplish this.