Residents of the Town of Blackfalds have ample choice of local K- 12 and post-secondary educational providers.
Wolf Creek Public Schools prides itself on creating success for all learners and operates the following schools for Blackfalds' students:
- Iron Ridge Elementary (grades pre-K to grade 3)
- Iron Ridge Intermediate Campus (grades 4-6)
- Iron Ridge Jr. Campus (grades 7-9)
- Lacombe Outreach School (grades 7-12)
- Lacombe Composite High School (grades 10-12)
Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools aspires to excellence and operates the following schools for Blackfalds' students:
- St. Gregory the Great (pre-K to grade 9)
- Camille J. Lerouge (French immersion pre-K to grade 9)
- St. Patrick's (year-round pre-K to grade 9)
- St. Gabriel (online courses for grades 8-12)
- St. Joseph High School (grades 10 - 12)
- Notre Dame High School (grades 10-12)
Post-secondary institutions serving the region include Red Deer Polytechnic, Burman University, Olds College, and Athabasca University. These institutions provide Central Alberta residents and businesses with a full range of training and educational opportunities and programs in continuing education, trades apprenticeship, certificates, diplomas, university transfer, degree completion, and much more.