How to Pay Your Property Taxes
- Visit the Town Office in the Civic Cultural Centre, 2nd level, 5018 Waghorn St.
- Call 403.885.4677 and pay with Visa or Mastercard
- After hours in the drop-box at the Town Office (No cash please)
- Mail with envelope postmarked by Canada Post no later than June 30, 2021.
- On-line or directly at your bank using “Town of Blackfalds Taxes” as your payee.
**Please include your 6-digit Tax Roll Number located on your Tax Notice.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, debit, cheque, or cash.
As accepted by Council, there will be no penalties for unpaid taxes until after December 31, 2021.
The 2021 combined Assessment & Tax Notices will be mailed out the first week of May and are due by June 30, 2021.
If you have not received your tax notice by May 31, 2021, please contact the Town Office at 403.885.4677 to request that another copy be sent out to you.
New Home Owner?
If you have recently purchased a new home, construction of which started after January 1 of the current year, you may be subject to a re-assessment and a supplementary assessment.
Make Budgeting Easier with the Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP)
Sign up for TIPP by May 31, 2021, to have your annual property tax divided into equal monthly payments!
Simply complete the Pre-Authorization Form and attach a void cheque or account authorization form from your financial institution.
Your annual taxes will be divided by the remaining months of the year and the monthly payment will be deducted from your account on the last business day of each month.
Already on TIPP?
The amount withdrawn from your account will be adjusted to reflect the actual 2021 tax levy.
Receipts will only be issued upon request.
See the 2021 Assessment Roll.