We are proud to welcome Neuron Mobility to Blackfalds for an 18-month pilot program! This new addition creates an alternate environmentally friendly transportation mode.
How does it work?
Download the Neuron app via the Apple Store or Google Play Store to start. Then, find an available scooter around Blackfalds and scan the QR code. Follow the prompts on the app, and you're ready to take a ride.
What are the rules?
- One rider per scooter, please! Double riding is strictly prohibited.
- Don't drink and ride. Preventative measures are in place to ensure that only sober drivers operate a scooter.
- Park the scooter in the designated parking zone on your app. Please do not block pedestrian zones on sidewalks or in front of businesses. The apps now have a warning when it has detected the scooter has been parked incorrectly.
- You must be 16 years of age or older to ride.
Can I ride on bike lanes?
Can I ride on shared pathways, roadways, and empty sidewalks?
Can I ride on the highways?
No - in Blackfalds, Highway 2A crossings will be considered a "no use zone" please walk your scooter to the other side of the highway.
Can I double on the scooter?
No - only one rider is permitted at a time.
How do I report the mishandling of scooters?
Please use the following contact information to report mishandling of scooters.
- Phone number: +1 (587) 871-5877
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I do with the helmet?
Neuron encourages all riders to wear the helmet provided or their helmet.
Neuron helmets are locked to each e-scooter and can only be unlocked using the Neuron App. Riders are prompted to unlock and wear helmets whenever they start a trip. At the end of the trip, riders will be prompted to return the helmet into the lock before the trip can end.
Where are the no-go zones?
Please download the app to see the completed map with slow, go, and no-go zones around the Blackfalds community!