Interested in operating a business in Blackfalds?
Any businesses operating or intending to conduct any business in Blackfalds must apply for a Town of Blackfalds business license, as outlined in the Business License Bylaw.
Business licenses are valid for one year (January - December). Business license renewals are automatically mailed out prior to their expiry.
See the Resident Business License Application or the Non-Resident Business License Application for details on the types of business licenses and related fees.
Businesses based in the Town of Blackfalds may also require development permits prior to applying for a business license. Please see the documents section at the bottom of the page for more information.
How to Apply
Fill out the application form and submit it in one of the following ways:
- In-Person Lower Level of the Civic Cultural Centre between 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Mail to Box 220, 5018 Waghorn Street, Blackfalds, AB T0M 0J0
- Phone 403.885.9679
- Fax 403.600.0045
- Email the Town's Planning department
Once your application has been submitted and the payment has been processed, you will receive your Business Certificate in the mail.
- Business License Bylaw
- Non-Resident Business License Application Form - 2021
- Resident Business License Application Form - 2021
- Home Based Business Development Permit Application June 2022
- Commercial-Industrial-Institutional Development Permit Application
- Sign Development Permit Application
- Non-residential Development Permit Application