Skip To Content

Government & Services

  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A
  • |

Main content of the website


The Blackfalds Royal Canadian Mounted Police detachment services the following areas:

Alta Gas Ethylene Joffre, Aspelund, Aspen Beach Provincial Park, Blackfalds, Burbank, Chigwell, Clive, College Heights, Cominco Joffre, Esso Resources Prentiss, Gull Lake, Gull Lake (summer village), Haynes, Joffre, Lacombe (Rural), Lynn Valley, McKenzie, Mynarski Park, Penhold (Canadian Forces Base), Poplar Ridge, Prentiss, Red Deer County,   Springbrook, Springvale Heights, Union Carbide Prentiss and Woodland Hills.

Alberta RCMP mobile app to help keep Albertans informed

Alberta RCMP has a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. The app has been developed to simplify the online user experience on mobile devices to ensure that Albertans can access information quickly and conveniently. The app is available as a free download through Apple or Google Play.


RCMP Weekly News!

The Blackfalds RCMP is now providing weekly updates as to work being completed through the detachment.

See June 11 to June 17 here!

RCMP Online Crime Reporting

Online Crime Reporting (OCR) offers an alternative and convenient way for people to report non-emergent crime without having to call the police or visit the detachment.

All reports received through OCR are forwarded to the Call Back Unit for investigation and completion.  Use of online crime reporting by the public provides frontline members the chance to spend more time on the road being proactive.  

The OCR tool can be accessed by using the link or with the QR code that is printed on the attached information cards and posters. The OCR tool is also available on the RCMP app, which is already seeing steady use by industry.

CAPTURE - Community Assisted Policing Through Use of Recorded Evidence

CAPTURE is an RCMP initiative that collects and builds a private security camera location database in order to assist police in their investigations. Registration is voluntary and secure.

Help protect your property, your family and your community by registering your security cameras with

By registering your camera, you are taking an active role in deterring crime and assisting the Blackfalds RCMP with their overall crime prevention goals in our community.

This is a coordinated effort between the following detachments:  Blackfalds, Sylvan Lake, Innisfail, Rocky Mountain House, and Rimbey. 

Please see the brochure in the document section below for more information.

To register, please visit

Services Available:

  • Criminal records check
  • Vulnerable sector check
  • Report a crime
  • General information
  • Non-emergency complaints
  • Citizenship
  • Finger Printing
    • Pardon
    • Visa/Waiver
    • Adoptions
    • Living Abroad
    • Name Change
    • Employment

If you have any questions, please contact the office at (403) 885-3300 to speak to someone or email for any administrative assistance.