Outdoor Aquatic Centre
The Outdoor Aquatic Centre is now closed for the season.
Thank you for having fun with us this summer and we will see you in 2022!
Get ready to make a splash at the McKay Ranch Outdoor Aquatic Centre!
Our one-of-a-kind outdoor aquatic centre features a spray park with tot slides, giant tipping buckets and lots of spray features.
Bring your friends and enjoy the leisure pool with a zero-depth entrance with beach features, a little tots' area, and two three-story water slides. The Jr. Olympic pool which is a 4-lanes 25 meters long pool features a 1-metre diving board and a 10 ft. rock wall. Everyone is welcome to relax in the 26-person hot tub at the end of a long day or after your workout.
- Children 7 and under must be supervised by a responsible person at all times
- The supervisor must be swim-ready and be within arms reach
- Supervisor 13 + years max. 4 children.
- Spectators will be provided with a white supervisory wristband at no charge which allows them access to the pool deck only
- Young children, 35 months and under, or anyone who is incontinent must wear protective, water-resistant swimwear (available at Guest Services)
- Any person with a communicable disease or infection is not permitted to enter the pools
- Food, beverage (except water) or chewing gum is NOT permitted around the pool deck.
- Outside food may be brought to the Aquatics Centre but must be consumed in the designated eating area
- Children 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult or supervisor when using or on the slide.
- Children under 48" (4 ft) must go down the slides with an adult or supervisor.
- If a child is 4 feet/48 inches and able to go down the slide on their own, the adult/supervisor must wait at the bottom of the slide to catch their child.
- Unless accompanied by a supervisor/adult, only one person is permitted on the slide at a time.
- Parents may slide down with one child at a time.
- In the case of two children under 4 feet, a parent is required for each child to use the slide.
- Please look before you slide and always slide feet first.
- No running or launching onto the slide.
- Please wait until the person in front of you exits the slide drop area below before going down the slide.
- When sliding down the green slide, exit to the left
- Exit to the right when sliding down the purple slide.
- Toys, PFD's or water wings are not allowed on the water slides.
We want you and your family safe during thunderstorms!
Due to its random and unpredictable nature, preparedness and quick responses are the best defenses towards the lightning hazard. Swimming pools are connected to a much larger surface area via underground water pipes, gas lines, electric and telephone wiring, etc. Lightning strikes to the ground anywhere on this metallic network may induce shocks elsewhere. And where there's thunder, there is lightning!
So WHEN THUNDER ROARS, GO INDOORS!
Aquatics staff must have a 30 minute continuous all clear before operations can resume. Please keep an eye out for signage posted by Guest Services for any ongoing weather advisories.