The Abbey Centre's running track is a 152m, 4-lane track that is located on the 3rd floor of the Abbey Centre overlooking the Field House below. Access to the running track is part of your membership or daily admission.
Exclusive Running Track Offer
Starting Oct. 1 and back by popular demand, we are offering the track-only option which gives members and guests access to the running track for the entire day for only $2!
Ask Guest Services about the $20 track-only punch-pass!
The track is a great retreat from the elements during the cold winter months as well as on wet summer days and provides a rubber running surface that is easy on the joints.
There are mats and plenty of spaces surrounding the track for working out and stretching including an abdominal workout area. The “Ab” area on the third floor includes decline benches, a flat bench, and an abdominal bench, as well as Bosu, medicine and exercise balls, toner bands, a TRX suspension trainer system, and battle ropes. There are also spin bikes on the opposite corner of the track for a low-impact, high-intensity cardiovascular workout that builds both strength and endurance.
Mon - Fri | 5:30 am - 10:00 pm
Sat - Sun | 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
Strollers are permitted from 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. daily.
Strollers and baby carriers (i.e. Baby Bjorn) are only allowed on the third floor while parents use the track, equipment, spin bikes etc.
Please ensure the seat and child remain in the stroller - do not disconnect the baby seat from the stroller or place the seat on the floor.
While using the track, please use proper track etiquette:
- Lane use is SINGLE FILE only
- Right of way is given to faster users by calling “PASS” to slower users, when the faster user will pass on the INSIDE.
- Slower users must keep to the outside lanes of the track
- Youth 12 - 17 years of age are only permitted on the track after completing a Fitness Centre Orientation. 12 - 13 year olds must be in close proximity of their supervisor while on the running track and be actively supervised within 3 meters if on any equipment surrounding the track.
- Children 6 - 11 years of age are not permitted on the track.
- Parents can access the track with small children 0 - 5 years of age provided the children remain in their strollers.
- Only non-marking indoor running shoes are permitted on the track.
- Strollers, walking aids, wheelchairs and other personal assistance devices must be free of dirt and debris before accessing the track.
- No food or beverages (except plastic water bottles) are permitted.
|Distance||Grey Inside Lane (446' / 136 m)||1st Inside Red Lane (463' / 141 m)||2nd Red Lane (482' / 147 m)||Outside Lane (500' / 152 m)|
|1 km||7.4 laps||7.1 laps||6.8 laps||6.6 laps|
|3 km||22.2 laps||21.3 laps||20.4 laps||19.8 laps|
|5 km||37 laps||35.5 laps||34 laps||33 laps|
|10 km||74 laps||71 laps||68 laps||66 laps|
Please note that the direction of the track changes every half hour:
Top of the hour: Clockwise Bottom of the hour: Counter-clockwise